Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Forgot My Llama

This past weekend, Chelsea, Heather, Kate, and I went hiking at Denny Creek. The trail head said only people and llamas were allowed- I can honestly say I've never heard of taking a llama hiking, but hey! you never know!After running into two hikers who said there was too much snow to get to the natural rock slide (our original reason for going), we decided to take a different route to Jefferson Falls. It felt like a mini-hike and we all wanted to do more so we decided to try the trail along Denny Creek.Luckily we were able to find our way through the snow by following foot prints and mud marks and finally made our way to the natural water slide. The water was FREEZING and just putting our toes in was unbearable, however Heather and I decided that we may as well do it- I mean it would honestly have been a waste to get all the way there and not do it. We both just bombed it and were all shook up once we got to the bottom, however it was fun nonetheless!

I'm back home now, getting ready to head out tomorrow for Argentina! I'll keep you posted while I'm down there.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Maybe you will find that llama in Argentina! :-) Hope you had a safe trip and I look forward to reading your blog. A friend of mine just left last night to go to Peru - funny you two left the same day and are both going to South America. Fun - wish I was there.

auntie c