Friday, June 27, 2008

Unfortunate Excitement of the Afternoon

Chelly and I had a wonderful day. We took Kellers to a BEACH in Seattle! I know you're probably thinking, Wait, Seattle has beaches?! But I tell you, it's true! Granted they're not nearly as beautiful as California beaches in your typical long-stretches-of-sand-and-waves type of way, but if you consider being surrounded by trees behind you and looking across the water to a beautiful mountain range gorgeous, then Seattle's beaches are just that!

I got home and was doing little things around the house when I heard a horrible noise outside, sounding like at least two cars got into an accident. After scrambling for my cell phone and running outside, I found this. If you notice my dark gray Volvo in the top picture and wonder why my car was lucky enough NOT to get hit like I did, I will tell you what the dear old lady from up the street told me, "Darling, you have really good karma!" I watched as about four fire trucks, three ambulance, two police cars, and four fire department SUVs rushed to the scene. They had to literally saw the top of the white car off and use eighteen firemen to get the two victims out from being stuck inside. I felt like another person adding to the chaos after about 20 minutes of watching, so strolled up to the Queen Anne Library to return my overdue cook books. Tonight I'm heading out with all the girls despite my horrible sickness involving the stomach flu and a head cold, which I graciously blame Best Friend for.

No comments: