Friday, July 4, 2008

Bienvenidos a Argentina!

Well I finally arrived to Buenos Aires after a 25 hour day of traveling. I sat next to a lovely girl on the plane who is visiting her grandparents here and gave me her phone number. I wouldn´t exactly say we have similar lifestyles, but nonetheless it was nice to meet something in case I ran into trouble. I took a chartered bus from the airport to a main terminal in the city, then a private car drove me to my hostel. The man who drove the car chatted with me and let me use my shaky Spanish, then proceeded to ask me to get a drink with him but I was too oblivious to understand what he was saying. Not realizing it, I told him I´d call him when I needed a ride back to the airport.

After a little mix-up at the bank, I moved into my room at my hostel. The hostel is wonderful with plenty of people also traveling by themselves and an incredibly helpful staff. It is one of the largest one´s I´ve stayed at, but many people disagree explaining that it´s rather small. I crashed the second I got on my bed, despite las manifastaciones going on outside between the "Pink House" (like our White House) and the congress building. Upon waking I strolled around the hostel by myself and enjoyed the rainy weather. I went out to dinner with a group of lovely people also traveling by themsleves- one from New Zealand, one from England, and the other from Australia. We chatted it up with the taxi driver, had amazing steak and wine and now are back at the hostel enjoying the patio and good company.

Ciao!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Wow Britty, that's quite an adventure so far! I'm in Oceanside and missing you like crazy! I really hope you enjoy your trip and I look forward to your updates...remember to be safe, and know that I LOVE YOU!